Getting to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival
There are so many easy ways to get to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival! The event takes place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons, which is conveniently located in Lake George; just off Route 9/Canada Street. Its a short distance from two I-87 Highway exits, as well as Lake George hotels, shops, restaurants, attractions and more!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival will take place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons in Lake George Village. The Festival Commons sits on the former 2.5 acre home of Lake George’s historic “Gaslight Village”, conveniently located off route 9 and a short distance from exits 21 and 22 of I-87. The Festival grounds, completed in 2016, features nice, flat grass and just outside the gate is a park with public bathrooms, a natural children’s playground, seating areas, and a skateboard park!
The venue is a short walk away from Million Dollar Beach and the always popular attractions, shops, restaurants and attractions of Canada Street and Beach Road, making it easy for you to make the most of your visit to Lake George when you attend the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival!
There is ample parking nearby the Festival Commons. Metered street parking is available throughout Lake George and several public parking lots are available for a nominal daily rate:
BEST BET LOT:
Lake George Recreational Center (Transfer Road, Lake George) – Parking lot with ample space & restrooms. Run by the Town of Lake George. $10 per day; Includes Trolley Transportation directly from the lot to the festival grounds and back, every 30 minutes – 10:30am to 6:30pm Saturday | 10:30am to 5:30pm Sunday
Other Recommended Lots:
- Factory Outlets of Lake George – Park & Ride! Park for Free at French Mountain Commons, Adirondack Outlet Mall or Log Jam Outlets ONLY, Take the Trolley to the Festival & Back to the Outlets, and get your Shopping On before or after the fest!
- Westbrook Road (the road the festival is located on) offers limited Metered street parking (central machines with credit card payment is available)
- The Lake George Steamboat Company Parking Lot ($10/day)
- Beach Road Parking Lot (Metered)
- Million Dollar Beach ($10/day or hourly)
- Caffe Vero Lot (Limited spots, daily rate TBD)
- Bait & Tackle Shop Lot (Limited Spots, $10/Day)
- Lake George Forum (Limited Spots, $10/Day)
- Handicap Access: Handicap parking is available at most locations. The festival grounds are flat and grassy, with a single gravel pathway around the space.
- Additional metered and public parking is located throughout Lake George Village… a great option if you want to take advantage of the plethora of shops, restaurants and attractions Lake George has to offer before or after the festival. A Trolley runs a regular route throughout Lake George if you want to catch a ride from your parking spot to the festival (the closest trolley stop is located at the Lake George Steamboat Company Pier)
Click Around in our Interactive Google Map to Explore Parking Options in and around the Festival>>
Greater Glens Falls Transit offers a Trolley Service from the Glens Falls area all the way to Lake George Village and north to Bolton Landing with several, frequent stops.
Many hotels are serviced by the Trolley, and some offer their own shuttle service as well.
To get the Trolley to stop for you if you’re not at an official trolley stop, just stand on the side of the road in the direction you’re headed and wave / flag the driver down. They will stop as long as it is safe to do so in that location.
- GGFT Base Cash fare – $1.00
- Persons 60+ years & those Medicare eligible – 50 cents
- Transfers – 50 cents
- Exact fare is required, drivers cannot make change.
130 Warren St | Glens Falls, NY 12801 | (518) 745-0202 | WEBSITE
Premier Plus Tours is an independent transportation business that caters to clients who are looking for safe and reliable transportation to and from events. They are able to drive you to and from your events as well as set up tours for you. Transportation is available whether you are located in the Green Mountains in Vermont State, the Adirondack Region or the Capital District in Upstate New York. With so many local events available in this area, you can count on them to get you there in style. Some area favorites include wine tours, pub crawls, balloon festival, fall foliage, apple picking, ski trips, horse racing, concerts and so much more!
Premier Plus Travel and Tours would love to help you make your events memorable!
Other Fun Transportation Options
Gather up a group of friends and check out the special packages Casks & Kegs Tours & Hoppy Trails Brew Bus are offering – packages include transportation, tickets to the event and even some stops at local Craft Beverage Tasting Rooms! Click below or call them today to book your seats with them!
One of the best ways to enjoy Lake George is by boat!
Whether you own your own boat, have friends that do, or feel like renting a boat for the day, the Public Boat Docks of Lake George Village are only a short distance from the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds! The docks are metered, at a rate of $2 per hour (maximum 22 hrs).
A number of taxi companies service the Lake George area; so drive safe and get dropped off and picked up right in front of the festival grounds! Find taxis on LakeGeorge.com>>
Are you a cyclist? Warren County offers an amazing, well-manicured and picturesque bike path that starts in Glens Falls and ends at Lake George Battlefield Park, which is right across the street from the Festival Commons. Ample bicycle racks are available to secure your bike nearby. See the Bikeway Map Here>>
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds, Lake George Festival Commons, is located within easy walking distance to so many local hotels, restaurants, attractions, shops and outdoor activities. Park for the day and make the most of your time in the Queen of the American Lakes!